Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dragons Tooth

My apologies for not posting on our adventures a few weekends back. We went to a little hiking trail called Dragon's Tooth when the weather was nice a few Saturday's ago. This is probably the toughest trail we have done in the area. It meets up with the Appalachian Trail about a mile into it, so this was our first hike on the AT (I'm sure it won't be the last). It is pretty tame for the first 3/4 of the ascent, and then you hit the rocky area. It is necessary that you use both hands and feet to hoist yourself up and over quite a few areas and even do a tiny bit of climbing. It was actually a LOT of fun and worth the work when we saw the view from the top. I don't know if we regret taking Neit with us this time or not, especially since we had to hoist him up to get over some of the rockier terrain, but I think we would do it again. And now...the pictures...

What the Appalachian Trail looks like

What signs on the Appalachian Trail looks like

What Ian and Neit look like on the Appalachian Trail

After all the work, a view from the top

Ian enjoying the view

Very good. I also need to post my stuff from my visit home this weekend. Get excited, I am posting another one immediately.

No comments: