Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summertime Creations

We may be a little boring. Here is the highlight of our weekend...

Thats right, scrabble. And since there isn't a whole lot to talk about when it comes to scrabble night, I have decided to dedicate this post to my recent knit projects. You like to see what I've been working on, right?

Well, the simplest creation, a pretty little chick.
This one if for Mom, she requested it specifically.

Next, a neck warmer. Its like a mini scarf. I knitted a little keyhole in it so you can slip the end of the scarf right through. Have a look!

Oh who is that neck warmer model?
Here is the pattern up close

My next creation, a dog hat! Why? Because Neit needs a hat in the winter (kind of...) and I had some yarn to use up.

Neit isn't exactly the best hat model, so I had to have a basketball fill in

I finally got it on his head

He kind of hated it

Okay he REALLY hated it.

Well, if you know anyone who wants a dog hat, Neit might be willing to give up his.

The project I am leisurely working on now is a scarf. Its multidirection triangles and I am using variegated yarn to enhance the pattern. I'm not in any hurry to get it finished, I just work on it while I am watching Jeopardy and whatnot. I am just aiming to get it finished before it gets cold out.

My work in progress

Close up

So let me know if you are interested in any of these items. I am always trying to think of good Christmas gifts to give ;)


1 comment:

dude said...

the model for the keyhole scarf is FOX!
the model for the hat is a BALL?
i overheard neit telling mozie, the next time he wants 2 hats; 1 to crap in and the other to cover it up with!
if christmas gifts are on order i couple use a couple of hats for my balls...football, base ball, golfball, etc...
if you make me a dog hat, i'd like one made out of doberman skin.
looking forward to christmas and next weekend.
love always