Thursday, October 8, 2009

Virginia State Fair time

We went to the Virginia state fair a couple of weekends ago. Let me state that it is no Indiana state fair, but we still managed to have fun. The fair is in Richmond, which is about a four hour drive from here, so we stayed the night at Jerry's parents house. We got a whole day of the fair in on it's first Saturday open. The weather was perfect, overcast but no rain. My friends were most excited to go on all the carnie rides, I was more interested in looking at the animals and all the exhibits in the barns (I guess this is where the age difference shows, huh?) I went on one spinny swingy ride and it made me sorry that I did. None of us vomited the whole time we were there, so that was a plus. We got your basic fair food staples; funnel cake, candied apples, Ian got fried oreos. I think the highlight of the whole thing was the pig races, and I think every one who went would agree. You would be surprised at how entertaining a few pigs running around a small track can be. We also so a cool stunt dog show but I didn't get good pictures of that. We had a really good weekend, and just might go back one of these years.
Our first ride: the swings. Barf city. I was done with rides for the day.

Mona and Nick on the hang glide ride. Looks like fun!

Doggie stunt show. One dog was trained to walk on his front legs. My camera wouldn't work at that moment.

Alpacas. Neat.

Chicks, man.

Fluffy haired chickens.

Ian and Jerry shootin' em up!

Pig races! Run, pig, run.



2 comments:

Susie/Mom said...

Where are the big fat pigs and the big picture of Karleigh at Purdue ? Oh, that's the Indiana State Fair !

dude said...

just got caught up with the Va state fair, looked like fun.
i wasn't too impressed with the stunt dog; i've never trained mozie, and she can walk on her front feet! can that dog ride a bike or lasso a cow? i didn't think so. if it's a stunt dog it should be jumping from burning buildings or tumbling down stairs, you know something "stuntful".
any way the rest of it was impressive.
be cool, see ya the next time.
love
dudefather