Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ice Skating in the Hill City

Ian and I decided to get out of our comfort zone this weekend and drive all the way to Roanoke (a whole 30 miles!) to get a little ice skating in. There is a public ice skate session every Saturday this month and we had the pleasure of going to the first one. The cool thing about ice skating is that after about ten minutes on the ice, you can be one of the most skilled skaters out there. Ian and I, for example, were a little shaky at first, but were weaving in and out of all the beginners before we knew it. Now, it is beside the point that the majority of the skaters out there were under 8 years of age. Ian and I felt very good about our ice skating skills by the time we left. No falls, only a few close calls.

Waiting for the Zamboni to clear the ice


Action shot! (why yes, that is the hat I just knitted for myself this weekend. Thanks for noticing :)

Ian was very brave taking pictures on the ice, but like I said, no falls, so no worries. We did see an old guy fall and most likely break his wrist though.


Today we took Neit for a nice long walk around town and came across this sign. Now at first this sign didn't really cross me as anything peculiar until I realized that I was in Hokieville, Va...not back in Indiana. Very strange huh? I thought so too.

Wait...where do we live now?

Here is the church that the sign hangs in front of here in Hokieville. Guess they just want me to feel like I'm at home here.

And I told Mom I would post pictures of the sushi Ian and I made for dinner tonight, so here is the final product. These are all veggies and rice. So here you go, Mom.

Well thats it for this weekends updates. Hope all you Hoosies aren't too buried in snow. Miss you all!

3 comments:

dude said...

Must have had alot of fun ice skating from all the smiles on your face. I love the new hat! Can you knit me a pair of ice-skates?
Something in a size 11, thanks.

Sushi without fish...interesting.

later

mandijo20 said...

Love the Hat, and Kalow recently has gotten into Sushi! I need to jump on board.

Working until 2am, thank you for th reading material. As always, enjoying! See you soon!

Mandi

Karleigh said...

Ian is into it full swing and we make it about every other week. He's getting good too, and we got a bamboo mat to make the rolls. We're almost professionals now!