Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Gone caving

This weekend we decided to do something a little different. We drove to Luray, Va and checked out one of their main attractions, the Luray Caverns. I haven't been to a cave since we went to Mammoth Caves, like 20 years ago. It was a lot of fun. I wish I could show you how awesome it was via pictures, but the cave environment is not exactly ideal for capturing memories. I did get a few good ones, which I'll share now.

In the cave. Sure is dark!

Ian checking the place out.

Not a crazy cave floor, but a perfect reflection in a cave lake. Very impressive.

Here is a dramatic colum made of stalagtites and stalagmites connected.

Peeking inside the "stalagmite curtains"

Karleigh in a cave.

A "veil" in the cave.

Cave lake turned into a wish well. Pennies turn the water green.

And a garden maze outside of the cave.

Also, I made a six pack caddy for Sabrina's birthday. I think she liked it. It turned out pretty cool, although I am not sure it is very practical.

Well, we are excited to see everyone for Thanksgiving. See you in a day or two!

2 comments:

dude said...

well karleigh, i finally sat down to check out my mail and see what's hap'n in h'ville.
i must say the pics you got were very good. i hummed the batman theme in my head as i took the tour.
had a wonderful time this weekend/Thanksgiving! look forward to Christmas and drive safely.
love dad

dude said...

still stuck in the cave? haven't seen new posts and am concerned for your welfare. will send help if need be.
Get out of that cave and post!