Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Whips!

A whip, for my older generation of Hokieville enthusiasts, is slang for a car. I have used the term liberally here to describe our newest purchases, bicycles! We picked them up at a nice little bike shop in downtown Hokieville. Mine is a hybrid, which means it does well as a road bike but can do elevation changes pretty easily too. I got mine used, and I feel like I was pretty lucky to snag it when I did for such a decent price. Ian bought a new bike. Its a mountain bike. We plan on using them mostly for recreation and excercise, but I am going to start riding mine to work when the weather warms up. Another interesting fact, it has snowed pretty much none stop since we bought the bikes. We keep hoping it will warm up just a LITTLE bit so that we can take our bikes out but so far its a no go. So, I guess we'll just have to be a little more patient, which I am not good at.

My new bike! So sleek...

Ian's bike. Red hot!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice. H and I ride our bikes through the snow here all the time, mainly because it's still a fast way to get around. And we don't have a car.

dude said...

You say black I say white
You say bark I say bite
You say shark I say hey man
Jaws was never my scene
And I don't like Star Wars
You say Rolls I say Royce
You say God give me a choice
You say Lord I say Christ
I don't believe in Peter Pan
Frankenstein or Superman
All I wanna do is

Bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle bicycle bicycle
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my -

and that's all I have to say on that subject